How do you know when it’s time to consult an orthodontist? Which one should you choose? Are braces always required? And the big question – how much will all this cost?
At Brentford Dental, we’re here to guide you and your family through all that comes with deciding on the best course of orthodontics. If you think it might be time to consider braces for yourself or a loved one, we’ll always provide you with the honest, effective care you deserve.
When will I need braces?
Patients (children or adults) might be a candidate for braces if they’re dealing with any of the following:
- Overbite – Occurs when the top front teeth extend too far over the bottom front teeth.
- Underbite – Occurs when the bottom front teeth extend too far over the top front teeth.
- Crossbite – Occurs when the upper teeth come down more than just slightly in front of the lower teeth when biting down.
- Crowding – Occurs when there is not enough space in the mouth to accommodate all the teeth.
- Gaps/Spaces Between Teeth – Occurs as a result of an accident, injury, lost teeth or extractions which leave open spaces or cause teeth to shift.
What can I expect?
While the promise of straight teeth is exciting, it’s important to understand the scope of your treatment before you fully commit.
We’ll begin by examining your mouth to determine the best course of care, which may include traditional metal braces, clear aligners, or the need for an expander before we begin treatment.
We’ll discuss all of your options with you so that there aren’t any surprises as well as lay out the cost of your care–as braces generally take months or years to finish treatment, we’re happy to accept payment plans which we can discuss with you in the practice.
When treatment begins, we’ll cement the brackets to your teeth and connect them with a wire that will bring them into proper alignment over the course of your care plan. Every few weeks, you’ll visit us so the wire can be tightened–every time this happens, you’re moving one step closer to a beautiful, straighter smile.
We’d love to speak with you about how braces can positively impact your oral health and even confidence.
Schedule an appointment today with Brentford Dental and get your treatment started.